Arduino Yun Basics
This tutorial covers a little introduction to video recording with Arduino Yun and a USB webcam. No Arduino code in this first part, only some linux embedded configuration on the awesome Arduino Yun board!
I assume that the reader has a pc or a mac (named Bob) and an Arduino Yun, named Arduino. Moreover, I suppose the reader is quite familiar with the computer in general and know a little bit of shell/linux commands. In particular I in my case Bob is amac os/x and, and everything is starting with an iTerm2 session where everything begin with a dollar sign ($)..
Assure we have:
- Installed and working Arduino Ide version 1.5.6-r2.
- Configured Arduino Yun board. See Basic Arduino Yun wireless configuration.
Install some useful packages for video and webcam:
~ opkg update ~ opkg install kmod-video-uvc kmod-video-pwc kmod-input-core ~ opkg install libjpeg fswebcam mjpg-streamer ~ opkg install ffmpeg ffserver ~ opkg install python-openssl
for ps3 eye (that is a gspca-ov534 type camera):
~ opkg update ~ opkg install kmod-input-core ~ opkg install kmod-video-gspca-core ~ opkg install kmod-video-gspca-ov534
With standard usb uvc cam
To see the stream (from Arduino to Bob):
~ mjpg_streamer -i "input_uvc.so -d /dev/video0 -r 640x480" -o "output_http.so -p 8080 -w /mnt/sda1"
Then open "http://arduino.local:8080/?action=stream" in a brower (inside Bob)
To shoot a photo (on Arduino):
~ fswebcam test.png
~ ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 -vframes 1 test.jpeg
and to see the photo via http request from Bob, just start a
~ python -m SimpleHTTPServer
in the directory where the photo is saved and access it by browsing (from Bob) to "192.168.1.13/test.png"
- Arduino Forum - Guide to Setup Streaming Web Cam on the Yun
- How-to build an Arduino Yun powered Camera
- Adafruit - Wireless Security Camera with Arduino Yun
- La tana del gurzo - Webcam streaming con OpenWRT
- Mikamai dev-blog - Arduino Yun Social photo camera
- Mikamai dev-blog - You can't touch this, Arduino based alarm